Many of us are asked to serve on Boards of Directors during our careers. Hopefully if you haven’t been asked to serve in the Collaborative Movement, you will volunteer to do so.
But what does it mean to serve on a Board? What are your responsibilities?
The Association of Fundraising Professionals offers the Six A’s to Board tenure. As a Board member I will:
- Be an Ambassador – to help tell the story of our organization to my colleagues
- Be an Advisor – and make effective decisions on policy and programs
- Be an Advocate – to be a roaring enthusiast for the cause of the organization
- Provide Access – help bring and influence others on behalf of the organization’s mission
- Provide Affluence – give as much as I possibly can
- Provide Assistance – volunteer for as many committees and activities as possible
Many Boards have attendance requirements. Many have financial requirements.
It is my honor to serve as Chair of the Nominating Committee for the Florida Academy of Collaborative Professionals. Our committee will begin meeting soon to consider candidates for our Board of Directors. The Board meets monthly via Zoom on the second Tuesday at noon. Board members must give or get $1,000 per year in donations.
I have had the pleasure of serving on the FACP Board since its inception. The people you will work with around the state are the most friendly, mindful and genuine colleagues you could ever want. I encourage you to consider seeking one of the open Board positions. If interested, contact me firstname.lastname@example.org.